Digital Business Director
Our client, a vibrant leading Global Media Agency is looking for a Digital Business Director. This is a great opportunity to work with the next generation marketing services agency.
Working across a key client, the candidate will work with the Partner to manage the relationship between the agency and the client. As the digital lead for the business, core responsibilities include digital thought leadership, strategy, network support and commercial/revenue development.
The Business Director reports into the Global Partner of the Client team and has the ability to tap into specific disciplines (Search, Social, etc) and resources as required. Supporting the role, there is a broader client team in place, with two direct digital reports (Digital Account Directors).
- Manage the day to day relationship with the Global Account clients, working closely with their senior leadership (Global Head of Media and Global Head of Digital), to win their trust and become a core advisor for future digital engagement.
- In support of the client’s vision for digital leadership, work to develop a digital strategy and subsequent pillars to deliver, with close integration of Paid, Owned, Earned media (through a variety of competencies – ecommerce, mobile, social, search, etc).
- In addition to developing and delivering the global vision in digital (with strong emphasis on thought leadership), support markets in making this come to fruition at local, in-market levels, using best practice from around the world.
- Work with global and regional media clients, brand teams and creative agencies to develop effective communications campaigns and strategies. In doing so, oversee internal team to manage day-to-day operations, overseeing Scopes of Work, managing resources, and galvanizing resources to deliver client needs.
- Oversight of key strategic initiatives, including developing training programmes and processes, creating best-in-class learnings, and building the client’s digital understanding and skillset through strategic guidance and thought leadership.
- Market our successes –sourcing and share award entries, case studies, etc across the markets and with the Global client to raise the profile of The agency’s digital capabilities and drive incremental revenue
- Anticipate client needs, the challenges that face them and work with Partner to develop action plan for addressing issues and championing ideas which drive innovation and change.
A top client for the agency, the Client is highly demanding in both technical digital understanding and ability to formulate and articulate strategic needs, winning over local teams and agency partners. Due to the level of client profile, the Account is often an incubator and driver of key agency-wide initiatives, with management oversight from the Worldwide Head of Digital and Strategy. In addition, client exposure is frequently c-level (or just below), making the role ideal for candidates who are looking for challenge and recognition. As a result, candidates must have the ability to deliver under pressure, with genuine innovation, passion and vision.
Key skills & knowledge:
- 10+ years media agency experience working on a large multi-national client, preferably in a central/regional capacity. Media agency experience preferred.
- Proven experience in client leadership, with ability to manage senior level clients.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills.
- Understanding of all communication channels, with a deep knowledge of digital (and ability to speak to a broad range of digital topics).
- Proven track record of business growth in agency revenue.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables with team and client to ensure smooth delivery, responding to changing workloads with flexible approach.
- Strong organizational and management skills a must, with ability to navigate complex client-matrix organizations.
- Capable of working autonomously, to oversee digital deliverables on a regular basis.