Work for a small, dynamic, fast-paced creative agency making truly spectacular filming & events happen in London's most stunning locations.
The Location House working culture is attractively relaxed but professional and the team is small and young and works from a very cool office in a lovely area of Bloomsbury in Central London. Staff often socialise together but this is not compulsory! This position suits a team-player keen on direct interaction with people in a relationship-focused role and on direct contribution to the development of a company with huge potential. Successful candidates’ remuneration will reflect company growth and success.
The primary focus of this senior sales management role is the sale of event hires in Location House’s market-leading portfolio of ‘non-traditional’ event locations. Reporting to the Directors, this is a team-playing role in a small but successful and growing company and entails significant responsibility.
The role would suit a candidate keen to come across from a more conventional
corporate environment in events, sales or property to a creative agency with a
dynamic, business-focused, fast and fun culture.
Location House (http://www.locationhouse.co.uk) provides exclusive representation for large commercial & industrial spaces in Central London - managing their hiring out for premium events and filming. Our clients and associates include property owners, production agencies, high-end brands and cultural organisations such as Alexander MacQueen, Gucci, Mercedes, Virgin and the British Fashion Council.
Essential Job Functions
Generate, respond to and close new business leads
- Manage junior members of the sales team and supporting colleagues
- Understand and negotiate event hire and manage the sales process across:
- Incoming enquiries
- Site visits
- Contract negotiation and licences
- Pre and post event logistics and administration
- Closing deals
- Manage and strengthen new and existing relationships with multiple clients, property owners and suppliers to assure hire-related administration
- Capture PR/content to market and promote locations
- Provide training and support to junior team members
- Prepare weekly management updates
Non-essential Job Functions
- Support company social media presence
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years of direct sales experience, ideally in the event ndustry, with a strong understanding of event production and hire
- Be motivated by closing sales, meeting targets and contributing directly to the growth of a small and successful company
- Thrive on a high level of responsibility, multi-task efficiently and be an organised administrator of sales processes
- Have a proven track record of staff management
- Be self-motivated and keen to work in a small team in a fast-paced creative environment, exercising significant initiative
- Be numerate and have strong negotiation skills
- Be an outstanding written and verbal communicator able to quickly build very strong relationships
- Have strong commercial acumen and good attention to detail
- Be very computer literate, managing Excel, Google Docs and other platforms
Desirable but not essential attributes
- Existing relationships with production and communications agencies, high-end brands and the property industry
- Photography, Photoshop, understanding of property maintenance
- Knowledge of software for marketing and design.