Join the market leaders placing spectacular film, fashion, arts and luxury hires in the most stunning non-traditional spaces in London.
The Location House working culture is attractively relaxed but professional and the team is small and young and works from a very cool office in a lovely area of Bloomsbury in Central London. Staff often socialise together but this is not compulsory! This position suits a team-player keen on direct interaction with people in a relationship-focused role and on direct contribution to the development of a company with huge potential. Successful candidates’ remuneration will reflect company growth and success.
The primary responsibilities of this role are the financial management of Location House event hires, accounts and direct work with team members, management, hirers and property owners to deliver and administer spectacular event and film hires in architecturally stunning buildings.
Reporting to the Directors, this is an integral, operational and team-playing role in a small dynamic and creative agency which entails significant responsibility. Location House (http://www.locationhouse.co.uk) is London's leading location hire agency, providing exclusive representation for large commercial & industrial spaces in Central London - managing their hiring out for premium brand events and filming.
Our clients and associates include central London prime property owners,
production agencies, high-end brands, cultural organisations, production and
communications agencies and include: Alexander McQueen, Mercedes, Gucci,
Virgin and the British Fashion Council.
Essential Job Functions
- Tracking and reporting to management on operations, job processing and associated transactions
- Maintaining and improving existing financial systems (SAGE), company policies, office protocols and administrative systems
- Recording income and expenditure and financial transactions
- Preparing reports and financial statements for Directors, property owners and undertaking financial administration
- Preparing correspondence for new business including terms of representation, contracts and invoices using existing templates
- Liaison with clients/hirers, book-keeping and arranging payments for invoices
- Organising, managing and negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best working rates for the client and the business
- Preparing Director’s statements and quarterly accounts
- Providing day-to-day management of the office space, including management of new desk space to be hired by other organisations
- Providing administrative support to the Company Director including organisation of her schedule (both personal and business), booking meetings & answering calls
- Support Management with company HR admin, including performance review processes and leave
- Providing training and support to junior team members
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 6-10 years of professional experience, 3 years SAGE experience and ATT certification
- Understand event hire, be self-motivated, keen to work in a small team in a fun, fast-paced, creative media agency environment, exercising significant initiative
- Be able to assert authority in a team and with clients
- Have an enthusiasm for detail and cost-control
- Enjoy a high level of responsibility, be driven and self-motivated
- Be keen to contribute to the development of a young, small and successful company
- Actively develop full awareness and contribute to/support company activities across departments
- Have strong commercial acumen and good attention to detail
- Be comfortable and diligent working with legal documentation and contracts
- Be computer literate with good Excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles
- Have excellent communication skills and work well under pressure
Desirable but not essential Skills/Abilities
- 5 or more years experience as a senior level office or finance manager/Executive PA
- Knowledge of and interest in event production
- Understanding of property management
- Knowledge of software for marketing and design
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and developing team skills