Syncoms is a leader in the personalised photo products and online print arena with a global footprint spanning the UK, North America and India. Harnessing the power of social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram with the flexibility that smart phones and tablets offer, Syncoms enables customers to bring their digital photos to life.
Founded over 35 years ago we have transformed the landscape of a 500 year old print industry by combining the digital and physical world of photos.
With three much loved brands in the market; Printer Pix, Print Express and Printer Inks, we are on a mission to nurture the best workplace environment in the industry.
We see the Studio Manager as the glue that joins together the various departments of our successful multi-disciplined e-commerce business. The ability to manage, collate and deliver workflow and project objectives is a must. The Studio Manager must be able to take control of projects from the initial brief right through to final delivery within agreed timescales, whilst self-managing the process throughout. The Studio Manager will also be the main point of contact for all resource-related requirements and will work closely with the project management and development teams within the agency.
The idea candidate will be highly creative with a background in corporate communications and a proven ability to work across print and web projects.
- Establish creative direction for the entire organisation and all its business units.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy.
- Manage the creative function so that the environment, culture, team, capabilities, tools, processes, expectations, work style and other elements support the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Make decisions in a deadline-driven environment in the most efficient way as possible.
- Ensure the team is coordinated and working with an accurate concept of the project direction, including directing regular creative/brainstorming sessions.
- Provide quality control of concepts and projects.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Direct the professional development and readiness of the creative team.
- Lead the unified process of marketing/concept/design and post-production execution.
- What will you bring:
At least 3 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing and advertising.
A strong working knowledge of design, brand development, interactive commerce and the creative process.
An ability to show creative brilliance and the ability to deliver on it via a great understanding of the audience they are addressing or a single-mindedness to make an idea happen.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and be skilled in HTML and CSS.
Proven print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns.
Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography and the limitations of the web and printing techniques.
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
Degree in Graphic Design or related field
Work hard play hard
We take on only the friendliest hardworking and ambitious invidiously on board and believe in looking after every single one of flock. There’s always something going on from talent showcasing, training abroad to crew lunches.
Oh and we insist that in your down time you have a round of ping pong, or pool or even check out the football table. Alternatively just make yourself at home in our amazing and vibrant rec room and make use of our rather swanky coffee machines!