Senior News Editor - Well known B2B brand!
The opportunity has arisen for an ambitious senior News Editor to join the team on the flagship brand and break agenda setting news stories that are picked up by the national Media.
The News team are passionate about quality journalism and daily news that is of value to their target audience.
- The News Editor is responsible for overseeing all news content on the website and in the magazine.
- The News Editor must quickly forge contacts with the key decision makers at the highest level to ensure that brand stays ahead of the competition.
- As a writer they will also be responsible for writing one news analysis piece a month, will write the market and also contribute to other sections of the magazine and website
- As an editor, they will be responsible for managing the news team
- This will entail; keeping track on all news stories being followed by the team, to judge whether they should be written for the web or the magazine; ensuring that the team are aware which stories they should be prioritising; deciding which stories will be placed on which pages of the magazine; making sure news stories are in on deadline; transmitting this to the sub editors, and working with them to ensure the layout of the pages looks good; ensuring all stories are properly corroborated, and not libellous; reading first proofs and final proofs of all news pages.
- As an editor, they will also manage to rota of who is writing news for the web, and make sure the appropriate writers cover stories broken by other outlets.
• Using social media to promote your work and News more widely
- You will have a recognised journalism qualification and experience on a news-led publication (weekly mag experience preferred)
- Previous experience of breaking exclusive off diary news
- Written first class features, news stories and interviews with leading industry figures
- Great instincts for chasing down what will make the best stories for print/online
- Solid management experience
My client is looking for a senior News Editor who can quickly move up the ladder to Deputy Editor.
The role is based in South London (Company has offices throughout the UK and Europe)
Salary (depending on experience) Up to £45,000
About Lloyd Recruitment Services
Established in 1996 Lloyd Recruitment is an Independent Media Recruitment Specialist with offices based in Croydon, Reigate and Epsom. We specialise in permanent, contract and temporary staff.