Senior Agency Business Development Manager
Senior Agency Business Development Manager
£35k + great comms
Work for one of the most prominent portfolios in media, copies of their magazines will adorn the desks of almost everyone reading this…
One of the top media owners in London, with an enviable reputation of putting together the best read magazine, the best attended shows, the most visited websites out there.
This company will invest the time effort and resources to help you reach your potential, and they are renowned for promoting from within!
The Senior Agency Business Development Manager will be responsible for building relationships with and increasing revenue from agencies representing clients who’d benefit from reaching the design, creative, marketing and corporate world. Average spend via agencies is higher than direct client spend and our client are looking to take full advantage of this opportunity. The Senior Agency Business Development Manager will be responsible for nurturing existing agency relationships, but most importantly requires the candidate to develop new ones.
The expectation is for the individual to employ a portfolio sales approach by gaining a detailed understanding of the agency’s clients and goals, thus packaging together the inventory to create a bespoke solution accordingly. This point should be stressed, the portfolio you're working on is very diverse, it includes print, online events, sponsorship, bespoke creative solutions, webinars, roundtables, data, and much more, so you really need to feel comfortable going to clients with an open mind, and focused on finding them the very best possible solution.
- Work with senior team members to understand the agency landscape, our current agency spenders and where our opportunities lie to devise a Sales Strategy and ‘Hit List’ of priority PR, Marketing and Advertising Agencies to contact.
- Confidently work with a level of autonomy to execute the Sales Strategy in line with agreed KPIs & Revenue Targets.
- Work with the Sales Director, Group Commercial Manager, Commercial Manager and our production / editorial team to evolve our current online, print, event and supplement solutions as and when needed to respond to market demands.
- Develop and cultivate effective and profitable cross portfolio relationships with agencies based around long-term campaigns.
- Attend industry events as and when necessary.
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities.
- Understanding USP’s and benefits of own and competitor products (reading in and around our portfolio’s content).
- Obtaining regular feedback from agencies and keeping up to date with their client base.
- Sell across magazine, print, event and award, and create bespoke solutions when needed.
- Lead by example to more junior sales team members by ensuring your level of activity (telephone/meeting) exceeds expectation.
- Confidently communicate value to maintain high yield contracts and liaise with senior team members to ensure our Sales Collateral is fit for purpose.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met.
- High attention to detail around the administrative processes such as tracking client contact and billing.
- Deal with all credit queries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with sales, production, editorial, events, IT and Client Services to efficiently execute client solutions.
- Meet / contact your Agency Clients frequently, and effectively juggle existing relationships while fostering news ones.
- Ultimately ensure the best service and value is provided to clients, that ROI is demonstrated as strongly as possible and the all opportunities to maximise repeat business opportunities are exploited.
So if you want to get out of a one dimensional sell, boring sell, and broaden your skills into other products, send us your CV now to find out more…
More jobs like this
- Full Time Sponsorship Sales Manager Business Magazines jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Sponsorship Sales Manager Consumer Magazines jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Sponsorship Sales Manager National Press jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Sponsorship Sales Manager Regional Press jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Sponsorship Sales Manager TV jobs in London (Greater)