Haymarket seek an outstanding Sales professional to join a specialist team driving subscriptions for our portfolio of marcomms brands. You will work across leading B2B media brands such as Brand Republic, Campaign, Marketing, and PR Week. Your professional audiences will sit in leading organisations, from major brands through to advertising, creative and media agencies.
Working with the Subscriptions Marketing Manager, you will deliver sales activity in support of annual subscriptions revenue targets. You will maximise subscriptions revenue for the Brand Republic group via the sale of individual and corporate subscriptions to print and digital media products.
This is a challenging role, working for one of the world’s leading media businesses, and operating in highly dynamic, fast moving markets.
Corporate subscriptions were introduced in 2011 to offer businesses and institutions an effective solution for all staff to access the content of Brand Republic. There is a huge opportunity to expand the revenues from this area of our business. In addition we recognise the need to maintain and build our user base of individual subscribers, so this will be an integral part of your role.
Your key responsibilities
● Actively sell multi-user licences / corporate subscriptions using a mixture of telesales and face-to-face sales activity. Many of your clients will work in media, creative and pr agencies, or media owners, although you may choose to develop other corporate Sales channels
● Research key buyer / decision makers at these aforementioned organisations
● Account manage existing clients, providing usage analytics and non-technical support where necessary
● Work closely with the Subscriptions Marketing Manager on planned telemarketing campaigns; focusing on growing acquisition for individual subscriptions, as well as supporting the Marketing Renewals’ campaign by making regular retention sales calls
● Work with the subscriptions team to identify areas of upsell within your client base
You will have the knowledge of or a desire to develop an excellent awareness and understanding of the marketing and communications sector. You’ll also be a keen reader of marcomms industry news and analysis, understanding who the key personnel are within the industry.
Skills and Experience
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Confident selling via telephone and face to face at all levels, including board level.
● Ability to work independently, multi-task projects and prioritise own work
● Excellent sales and negotiation skills
● Superb presentation skills
● Ability to work to tight deadlines
● Ability to generate new and exclusive business
● Good appreciation of the media industry
● Excellent administration skills