Editorial Programme Manager
We're ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, the largest developer of International Standards, working hard at making the world better. Would you like to help us? We have an exciting opportunity at the ISO Central Secretariat (ISO CS), our headquarters, based in Geneva.
Are you our new Editorial Programme Manager?
The Editorial Programme Manager (EPM) is responsible for the management of the overall editorial development of a set of assigned projects. The EPM needs to maintain the highest degree of quality, clarity, timely delivery and consistency of International Standards and related normative and non-normative documents, as well as conformity with the ISO rules and policies.
In this role you will...
- Prepare the different language versions of a document (English being the reference language) for subsequent processing and authorize the publication
- Handle the editorial evaluation of English versions of documents at different stages, including providing direction, guidance and comments to committees or committee leaders
- Work closely with committee leaders (attending meetings as necessary either in person or via electronic means)
- Handle the resolution of recurring or specific problems with committee leaders
- Provide editorial training or other support to committees
- Manage projects through all stages of the standards development process
- Reach all milestones within tight deadlines, including publication
If you are able to tell successful experiences in…
- Preparing technical documentation for publication using text processors
- Leading successful projects within a global environment at least for the past 5 years
- Building strong relationships with customers
- Interacting with senior leadership in various business environments
…and can bring your…
- 3-5 years’ editorial experience in the publishing industry, preferably science publishing
- Strong editing skills and successful experience in managing authors
- Experience and knowledge of assigned market sector(s) or proven ability to acquire and apply such knowledge
- Excellent communications skills and ability to influence across the business and to maintain awareness of sensitivities within projects
- Leadership capabilities, ability to adapt quickly to different environments and to work under pressure
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team in a production environment as well as autonomously
Last but not least…
Being proactive, pragmatic and solution oriented, confident, positive, open to change and innovation, with a “can-do” attitude is our dream profile. Oh and… You have a university degree, you ideally obtained a postgraduate degree outside your home country. English is your mother tongue, and knowledge of French or any other language will more than help.
We offer a fantastic opportunity to gain an international work experience within a global and dynamic environment!
Are you the successful candidate?…then apply by 25 July 2014!
ISO website: www.iso.org
ISO Career Portal: https://iso-careers.silkroad.com/