Business Development Manager
Are you a consistent business development sales professional with experience of selling marketing solutions in a B2B media environment? Are you looking for a top brand / business that truly rewards high performance?
We are a fast growing, UK & MENA content, events and subscriptions business with brands that operate in some of the most influential business sectors.
Based in newly refurbished offices in the amazing digital, technology hub of London - Shoreditch/Old Street - we have an amazing working environment built around the latest technology and a hot-desk culture. Great views of London, great transport links and loads of places for lunch and after work socialising, EMAP is a fantastic place to build your sales career.
About the brand:
HSJ (Health Service Journal) is one of EMAP’s fastest growing, most profitable and highly respected business brands.
It is the only brand to cover all aspects of publicly funded healthcare, providing news, analysis, best practice information and advice from the most powerful people in health, for the most powerful people in health.
The HSJ audience is formed of healthcare leaders from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds and both public and private sectors (technology, FS, legal, pharma commercial and commercial property).
Working within EMAP's high profile HSJ marketing solutions sales department, this role is responsible for ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets by championing and evangelising the powerful HSJ brand across key sectors and across an entire brand portfolio of print, digital, supplements and events.
This will be achieved through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business – both customers direct and advertising agencies.
As above you will be responsible for ensuring maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand portfolio of print, digital, supplements and events through the management and growth of customer accounts & generation of new business
- To raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the advertising media of choice
- Create annual sales plans for client base which clearly demonstrates a plan to overachieve against sales targets.
- To attend various exhibitions/conferences/events and seminars as agreed, to maintain and build client contacts and obtain new leads where possible.
Key targets include: Financial services, technology, management consultancies, property, legal and other professional service providers.
The successful applicant will be expected to develop new business opportunities and construct creative and thoughtful sales propositions at director level and above. As a result, you will have the gravitas and experience to really understand your clients and match suitable solutions in a measured and results focused manner.
This will be achieved from a mixture of telephone and face to face meetings.
- Ideally at least 5 years experience selling a similar solution (multi platform marketing solutions) - in a business development capacity.
- You will also have had a consistent and stable career (at least 12 – 18 months within each role), and have proven success in a similar, highly commercial, media related environment.
- You will have experience selling a multi-platform solution (including sponsorship and online) and have extensive face to face experience.
- You will be polished, well presented, articulate (verbal and written) and highly motivated.
Additionally you must have excellent administration skills, highly adaptable and possess an understanding of challenges faced by many different types of business.
Personal qualities: You will be confident, intelligent, outgoing, assertive, proactive, polished, well-presented, articulate, organised, an excellent listener and relationship builder.
EMAP is a fast growing, UK and MENA based content and subscriptions business based in newly refurbished offices in Old Street, East London.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Business Magazines jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Digital / Online jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Advertising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Conferences jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Sponsorship Senior Sales Customer Publishing jobs in London (Central)